- 120gr skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 5 black olives
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 30gr low-fat feta cheese
- tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- lemon juice
1. Slice the skinless chicken breasts in half lengthwise and marinade them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice and a little bit of yogurt to make the chicken extra tender. You can either grill them or cook them in a pan over medium heat.
2. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and combine it with water in a saucepan. For 1/2 cup of quinoa, use 1 cup of water. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Once you remove the quinoa from the stove, cover it and let it steam for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a salad bowl mix the lettuce with chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and olives and the feta cheese and add salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
4. When the chicken is fully cooked, add it on top of the salad along with the quinoa.
Now you can enjoy this delicious and healthy lunch guilt-free!